We understand that unexpected situations occur. In the unlikely event you are unable to attend your enrolled course or workshop, please notify us as soon as possible so we can attempt to fill the seat.
We are not able to provide refunds for cancellations. If you must cancel your registration, we will transfer your registration to the next course if available or issue a full or partial credit dependent on the date of notification.
- if you have notified us prior to 7 days before the class start date, we will issue a credit for a future course, less a $50 admin fee.
- if you have given us less than 7 days notice before the course start date, no credit will be given unless we can fill your spot. Then a credit for a future date will be given.
- no-showing for your registered class or less than 24 hours notice will result in no credit given.
In the case of an unforeseen emergency. Please notify as as soon as possible so we can attempt to fill your seat. This will be addressed on a case by case basis.
Credits may be used towards another course or workshop, open-studio bench rentals and/or tools and materials in the Supply Shop. Credits do not expire.
We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel courses and workshops. For most of our classes to run, we require at least 5 students to be registered. In the unlikely event that we do not have adequate registration 3 days prior to the class start date, we may postpone or cancel the class. In this case, you will have the option to have your registration transferred to the new class date, held as a credit or be refunded the class fee.
Argentum's open studio bench rentals are available for jewellers able to work independently, those who have completed our Intro to Silversmithing Course or equivalent training. Those wishing to use the studio must be able to work safely and self-sufficiently with all the different tools and equipment available, as we are unable to provide consistent assistance or supervision. During the first fifteen minutes of your first bench rental time you will be required to complete a Safety and Equipment Orientation with the Studio Technician and an Activity Release Waiver in order to use the studio.
Our hope is to facilitate a strong community within the studio and all its users, in order to create a healthy atmosphere. We encourage communication and cooperation between all users and staff about the facility, equipment and their projects to promote safety, cleanliness and respect for all. We ask that our outlined best practices for each station are followed, your work space is kept tidy; all tools and equipment are returned to their appropriate spots; food is kept in the designated lounge area; and to notify the Studio Technician of any breakages or maintenance needed so we can keep the space in its best working order.
We rent space in 2.5 hour pre-booked (online) time blocks. We are not able to provide refunds for missed bookings.
You must provide all your own consumables, or purchase from us (drill bits, saw blades, sandpaper, metal, flex shaft attachments etc.). If you can, we recommend you bring your own hand tools, but ensure they are labelled. We have lockers available for use. We run on a first-come first serve basis, though we have twelve benches available. If you would like to reserve a space on a specific day or time, please get in contact with us!Due to Covid, open-studio hours are limited to specific blocks of time so we can adequately sanitize between bookings.
- COVID-19 Passport Required, please have yours ready to be scanned upon arrival to your course.
- Masks are mandatory when not seated at your bench- students are encouraged to bring their own face masks, though we have N95 masks available.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- There will be a hand sanitizer stationed at the entrance and at various stations.
- Tools will be sterilized before and after use,
- Markings on floors for proper physical distancing.